We have seen it since the dawn of time – gender inequality in leadership. As we celebrate International Women’s Day today, we must ensure that gender inclusion in leadership takes place by empowering women.
In a bestseller on Amazon, “The Power of Perception: Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, and the Gender Divide,” Dr. Shawn Andrew explains that women are not in leadership roles because of societal perceptions of leaders.
Imagine a gender equal world. A world free of bias, stereotypes, and discrimination. A world that’s diverse, equitable, and inclusive. A world where difference is valued and celebrated.
So what can be done for gender inclusion in leadership? And how can we empower women? Let’s take a look at a few ways:
- Provide equal opportunities for training
- A regular schedule of training and workshops should be offered to empower women to pursue leadership positions.
- Promote a work-life balance & women-friendly culture through:
- Paid maternity leave/job protection for pregnant employees
- Affordable childcare
- Flexible schedules
- Boost confidence & self-esteem through coaching
- Speaking up and being heard are the biggest challenges for women. Attending a coaching class significantly increases women’s self-esteem and confidence. Their career progression will be improved by seeing their potential. By training with CSS, they can speak up more effectively, project their voices, and be heard on the telephone, on a virtual call, and in a meeting setting.
- Create a social network for women
- By connecting with social networks, women are able to gain greater support and have additional opportunities to act in their communities. Women gain power and inspiration when they share their knowledge and business skills with others.
We can increase the number of women in leadership positions through the implementation of these strategies. As a result of a rise in women in leadership, we can expect exclusive life-changing ideas, better teamwork, and more financial success.
Click here to start and claim your FREE gift. 🎁 Learn to Pronounce, Project and Present with Greater Clarity and Greater Confidence with 10 Simple Tips!
Jayne Latz, is an executive communication coach and trainer, and President and Founder of Corporate Speech Solutions, LLC. Jayne works with organizations and individuals to ensure they deliver their message in a clear and concise manner with confidence. For more information contact Jayne Latz at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: http://www.corporatespeechsolutions.com/
Jayne Latz works with organizations and individuals that want to develop clear, concise and confident communication to accelerate career success.