Persuasion is vital when communicating. The purpose of persuasion in communication is either to persuade an individual or to move an audience in a particular direction. You can persuade your audience by communicating the benefits of a particular change, process, or idea.
Now you may be asking yourself: How does it benefit you to enhance your persuasive power? Read the the following for some benefits of persuasive communication:
- Increased sales – an associate can use his or her persuasion skills to gain loyal/return customers for the company
- Enhance workplace performance – Using persuasion can help you motivate and encourage your team members, supporting the company’s success.
- Meet or exceed educational goals – As a teacher, coach, or counselor, you can persuade students to engage well with their classes and choose the right career path.
- Presentation success – Confidence in your ability to persuade others and present your ideas makes preparing for meetings easier. With proper communication training, you can effectively deliver your presentation!
- Career advancement – It pays to have employees with strong communication skills, and chances are you’ll be rewarded for improving your persuasion skills. Persuasion can also help you make a convincing case for a pay increase during a performance review.
In order to achieve persuasive communication, certain skills are required. People with persuasive skills may be born with this talent or may possess it as a natural characteristic. With practice, determination, and proper training, you can acquire this skill.
According to Indeed.com, The following skills can help you become a good persuader:
- Communication skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Active listening skills
- Logical reasoning ability
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
Corporate Speech Solutions can help you develop communication skills that will impact and influence others.
Click here to start and claim your FREE gift. 🎁 Learn to Pronounce, Project and Present with Greater Clarity and Greater Confidence with 10 Simple Tips!
Jayne Latz, is an executive communication coach and trainer, and President and Founder of Corporate Speech Solutions, LLC. Jayne works with organizations and individuals to ensure they deliver their message in a clear and concise manner with confidence. For more information contact Jayne Latz at email@example.com or visit: http://www.corporatespeechsolutions.com/
Jayne Latz works with organizations and individuals that want to develop clear, concise and confident communication to accelerate career success.