Each May, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) celebrates Better Speech and Hearing Month, a campaign to raise public awareness of how speech-language pathology services can help improve communication skills and overall quality of life; personally and professionally. Communication weaknesses can be a challenge in any situation, but they can be particularly difficult in the workplace. Fortunately, speech improvement training can help people with a range of difficulties improve their communication skills.
Corporate speech-language pathologists specialize in how communication issues affect performance in the workplace. A corporate speech-language pathologist puts together a personalized program for each client based on their specific needs and communication issues, and helps them to improve their speech and language skills in the workplace. Improved communication can help to project a polished confident image, and help clients gain a professional edge.
Here are just some of the ways a corporate speech-language pathologist can help their client’s to improve professional communication:
- Do you have trouble being heard when presenting? A corporate speech-language pathologist can help you improve voice quality and volume so that you can be a dynamic communicator and take control of the conference room or the boardroom.
- Improve understanding and use of non-verbal communication such as gestures, facial expressions, and body language in order to easily engage the listener or listeners
- Do people often ask you to repeat yourself? Speech improvement can help you to increase clarity of speech to prevent miscommunication.
- Do you want to change the way you sound? Accent reduction can help to improve clarity and confidence
- Slow down! Improve rate of speech in order to deliver the message with greater impact.
- Increase professionalism in communication to help elevate your career to the next level
- Improve presentation and public speaking skills to bring in more business
For information on the New York Based Speech and Accent Reduction services offered by Corporate Speech Solutions please give us a call at 212-308-7725 or visit us on the web at www.corporatespeechsolutions.com. Not in NYC? No problem! We also provide Skype and video conferencing services.
© 2014, Corporate Speech Solutions of New York City and Long Island – All Rights Reserved