Almost everyone can benefit from extending their professional circle. Whether wooing potential clients or establishing relationships with others in your field, networking is a critical part of professional success. But how exactly do you go about making these connections? Here are some tips to make sure you’re networking as effectively as possible:
- Be Pleasant!: While you want to make sure that others understand what you have to offer on a professional level, you may never even get that far if your listener finds you abrasive and overly aggressive. People are much more likely to maintain professional connections with individuals they find pleasant on a personal level. Always approach others with a smile, and don’t be afraid to engage in small talk before getting down to business.
- Help Others Network: When striking up a conversation with others in your field, think about asking, “How can I help you to grow your business?” Even though you may not benefit immediately, make the effort to introduce those within your circle to contacts that may be useful for them. The professional world can be surprisingly small, and the colleague you help to make a connection today may run into a perfect networking opportunity for you in the future.
- Have Your Elevator Pitch Ready: Ideally, we’d all like to be able to invest significant time into networking and developing professional relationships. Unfortunately, many professional interactions and first impressions are cut short. This is why every professional needs to develop an “elevator pitch”: a short summary of who you are, what you do, and why the person you are talking to should care. Your pitch should communicate the benefits you bring to the client, not all the services you provide.
How is your pitch? Are you able to engage the listener and communicate what you do in just 30 seconds or one minute?
Let Corporate Speech Solutions help you to craft an engaging, effective elevator pitch using our A.I.D.E.™ formula. We’ll help you:
• Instantly engage the audience
• Introduce yourself in a memorable way
• Close your pitch concisely
• Deliver your pitch in a clear, articulate and engaging manner
Ready to get started on your speaking goals? For information on the New York Based Speech and Accent Reduction services offered by Corporate Speech Solutions please Give us a call at 212-308-7725 or visit us on the web at www.corporatespeechsolutions.com