Think public speaking training is just for people that regularly get up in front of a big audience to pitch their product or give a speech in their area of expertise? Think again.
- When you walk into the boss’s office to make a request or pitch an idea, your ability (or inability) to convey your message in a clear manner that engages your boss enough to generate change within the office affects the outcome.
- When you’re at a dinner engagement and there’s an opportunity to network with others in attendance, you need to be able to engage with others in a way that’s genuine and memorable.
- When you need to stand up and give a speech at your sister’s wedding, or you have to say a few words at your grandfather’s funeral, you need to be able to share stories from the heart that are relatable to the audience and will draw them in.
These slices of life can be valuable opportunities to practice your public speaking…not just for the sole intent of building your career but for being able to engage with those around you on a more personal level. Improving your skills in public speaking not only opens doors in the business world but also has the added benefit of widening your circle of influence along the way. Whether it be socially, or in a work environment, people are drawn toward those that can communicate their ideas clearly, all while conveying their spoken words with enough emotion (i.e., humor, suspense, enthusiasm) to make you and your intent or objective memorable.
The experts at Entrepreneur urge us to not wait until a presentation is scheduled to invest in public speaking training and to 1) sit in your audience’s shoes, 2) know your messaging, and 3) speak often. Whether you’re speaking to a hundred people, or to just one, you have an audience. Each one of these steps is much easier to improve, and eventually master when you start out in front of a small audience. Following their advice provides an opportunity to build your confidence and practice your skills. Proficiency in the public speaking arena requires practice…practice to get comfortable with speaking clearly and concisely…practice engaging your audience with your story…and practice gauging their reaction to the information they’ve been given.
Today’s environment, with social interaction being limited to mostly online platforms, has precluded an entire generation of acquiring these skills organically. Fearless Presentations tells us “Millennials who communicate well have an advantage in the business world.” They say the keys are to be confident and engaging, and to be prepared in advance.
If you’re interested in fast-tracking your career, Warren Buffet says the way to boost your career value by 50% is to have effective and engaging public speaking skills. According to TED curator Chris Anderson, public speaking matters more than ever. In his book TED Talks, Anderson writes: “As a leader–or as an advocate–public speaking is the key to unlocking empathy, stirring excitement, sharing knowledge and insights, and promoting a shared dream.”
Are you feeling inspired? Motivated to invest in yourself? I’m excited to share not ONE…not TWO…but THREE really amazing ways you can let Corporate Speech Solutions help you get started building your presentation skills:
- Our FREE Master Class Secrets, Tips & Tricks of the Confident Speaker – Learn how to speak with confidence as CSS President Jayne Latz teaches you everything she knows to help you present and speak to an audience of 1, 100, or +1,000 like the expert you are. Sign up for FREE
- Speak to Lead – This amazing virtual coaching group meets two times a month for an hour each. Led by our expert Speech-Language Pathologists you’ll get immediate feedback and peer support. This great group has a shared mission to improve and grow in their public speaking. Sign up for only $45 a month! The best speech coaching deal around!
The MOST exciting of ALL – We are launching on April 1st our BRAND NEW COURSE Presentation Skills for Success. This course is about improving your overall presence in front of others, everything from small groups to large presentations. You will learn how to look and sound confident (even when you don’t feel like it inside).
Using the strategies I teach in Presentation Skills for Success, it’s not nearly as intimidating as you might think, especially since you’re following a proven step-by-step process.
Wondering what that process looks like? Well, you’re in luck! We are offering a pre-sale introductory price of only $99 for a very limited time. This course is a culmination of years of experience and built around the same curriculum that our individual clients can pay thousands of dollars for. Sign up today!